AmbiLED HD hardware has based on Arduino Nano and you can update the firmware with XLoader.
The default firmware of AmbiLED. You can use this firmware to convert your hardware to factory default.
Long strips mean, long color data. Long data mean, slow refresh rate. If you have longer strip then 250 pixel, We are suggesting this firmware for you. This firmware doubling the pixel data and reducing the resolution to half. So, If you have 600 LEDs, you can use this firmware and your setup acts like 300 LEDs strip. The resolution still higher than you need for ambient light and refresh rate will be twice. You should set the LED counts half of the real values in the driver softwares.
Adalight is well known ambient light software and have a lot of support including Boblight, Hyperion, Prismatik, AmbiBox and others. If you are using Linux or Mac, you can use adalight supported softwares with our hardware. Just load this firmware into AmbiLED HD controller. It will act like Adalight.
(Please don’t ask software setup details in this pages, google it or search their own forums)
Step by Step Firmware Installation
- Exit the driver software to close com port connection.
- Download Xloader and Firmware packs from our repository
- Extract the Zip File and run XLoader.exe
- Select firmware .hex file.
Select Duemilanove/Nano(ATmega328) device
Select AmbiLED Com port.
- Press Upload button
- You will see uploaded status message below
- Close Xloader before run the driver software again.
- If any problem, check the com port, device name and file permissions.
“Run as Administrator” mode resolves most of file permission errors.