AmbiBox is the best freeware ambient light software for ambient light hardwares and it’s supporting AmbiLED HD since v2.1.7
This manual only for AmbiLED HD setup. If you are using different hardware or software questions please Google it or contact with AmbiBox developer.
- Visit AmbiBox web site
- Download the software
- Run the installer and simply install with “Next” button
- Install the PlayClaw if you want to capture from full screen games
- Select the “AmbiLED” from the “Ambilight Device” list
- Press Next
- Lunch the software
- Press the More Settings button to enable advanced settings.
- Choose the COM Port of AmbiLED. If you don’t know the port number, You can find the comport number under Windows Device Manager.(video) It is COM3 for most of computers.
Set the LED count from Number of zones combo box. Most of ambient light devices have less than 20 zones. This is why AmbiBox supports maximum 300 zones.
- Check the Use backlight check box to enable your AmbiLED.
Set the Maximum FPS value to 10-12 FPS for the first time.
AmbiLED HD hardware need more data than other ambient light systems because of high LED count. You should limit the refresh rate to avoid the flickering.
Press Show areas of capture button to set capture zones.
- You will see the zones around your display. But they are starting from the right-bottom edge.
Press Wizard capture zones button
- Enter the horizontal and vertical LED counts.
Enter the offset value. (Half of horizontal value for standard AmbiLED installation)
Enter the GAP value to Bottom cutout field if you have a gap.
Set the other fields if you have dual monitors, 3D content or others.
Press Apply button.
- Press Save Settings to record the default profile settings.
AmbiBox supporting multi profiles and Automatic profile modes for different applications. So, You can set different zones for different situations.
- Now, you should set the pixel colors for better AmbiLED experience. The default AmbiBox values are higher than we need. This is normal because most of system are working under full power to illuminate the wall with small LED count. But we have a lot of LED.
So, check the For all zones check box first and set the Brightness between 20-40. Then set the others as the picture shown below.
Set the Smoothing as zero for fast LED reactions.
Press Save settings button to save.
- If everything is OK, you can try other screen capture methods from The method of screen capture combo box.
- Flickering: It’s possible if the capture speed higher than data transmission speed of hardware. Reduce the Maximum FPS value or increase the Delay output of LED value
- No Action: Probably, your COM port setting is wrong.